Monday, December 29, 2008

A Short Story

Whether I want to be, or not, I am a role model to youngsters. It's part of my job. As a result, I'm always aware of my role, and always careful to be just that when Justin and Kevin are around. I have to teach them all the right things, and lead by example, of course.

Let me give you a for instance. When AC/DC came to town, I knew I just had to take the boys to go see them. Beside the obvious entertainment value, there is much to emulate in the onstage presence of this upstanding rock and roll band. Lead guitarist Angus Young has an unparalleled work ethic. He probably loses 10 pounds nightly, just to put on a good show. And he always manages to show off his best side.

Now, really, who could ignore such showmanship? Dare I say, citizenship? So, naturally, the boys and I are obligated to do our part(s), too. You can thank us later.



For those about to rock, we salute you!

3 comments:

Sheryl Lynn said...

Uh-hmm (clears throat).

sue said...

some parts are bigger than others...good role model! I see Lisa was too sensible to join the view from the back...

Josh said...

blankages lol...i never knew they did that at concerts and its always nice to see another side of you =p