Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Puck 'n A Club


To get my students to come out and watch me play hockey, I offer them an autographed hockey puck, and an A. Of course, they don't necessarily get an A in my class, but it does make for a nice excuse to say the words "Puck 'n A."

Cheesy, I know, but gosh darn, it works. Witness the photos of kids at a recent game we played at the Toyota Center (home of the minor league Houston Aeros), on December 13. (I think they liked seeing me in the penalty box. )


My brother C (he's number 8), scored two this time out, and I (number 6) assisted on both. Luckily, we won, 7-0, so the kids weren't disappointed.

I don't actually add points to their grade if they cheer, but judge for yourself -- they even look like they had a good time. I certainly did!

No comments: